£24.00 Per Hour • Temporary •
We are recruiting for an excellent temporary opportunity as my clients ASB Specialist based in Islington. This role is paying £19.68 PAYE / £24.43 Umbrella and is hybrid working.
Please apply if you have ASB, Housing Law and Housing experience that is evidenced in your CV.
Main Purpose of the Role:
To provide high level expertise on Tenancy Fraud, Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB), Domestic Abuse and legal action for tenancy enforcement. Tenancy Specialists will be responsible for case management and will work closely with field based Neighbourhood Response Officers to ensure effective investigation of cases and that the most appropriate, cost effective and proportionate action is taken.
* Managing all tenancy fraud, sub-letting and Right To Buy (RTB) fraud cases across the region, including conducting investigations or tasking colleagues to investigate locally.
* The effective case management of anti-social behaviour cases, directing and supporting colleagues with investigations and enforcement action.
* Deciding on the most appropriate action against those who commit tenancy fraud or perpetrate anti-social behaviour and the most appropriate support for victims.
* Preparing legal files and managing legal action cases for tenancy enforcement and fraud. Working with solicitors, process servers and bailiffs.
* Represent HA at court for tenancy fraud, ASB and other (non arrears) tenancy related legal cases such as legal disrepair as required.
* Managing complex tenancy management cases referred from Customer Support e.g. complex successions, complex end of tenancy reviews etc.
* Liaising with and assisting the Police and other partners to acquire evidence that can be used to identify fraud and/or criminal proceedings. This may include interviews at the Police station and /or on surveillance operations to ensure a co-ordinated response.
* Liaising with internal and external agencies such as Women’s Aid, NFI, local authorities, mediation, solicitors or support services.
* An excellent understanding of anti-social behaviour and/or tenancy fraud.
* Excellent knowledge of relevant legislation in respect to tenancy management, fraud, ASB and legal disrepair
* Experience of investigative interviewing, ideally for fraud and/or ASB.
* Good investigative, intelligence gathering and problem solving skills.
* Positive mindset with a focus on solutions.
* Able to weigh up different views, exercise good judgement and make decisions.
* Confident and able to challenge in a positive and constructive manner.
* Resilient and adaptable.
* Excellent communicator, able to adapt approach to the audience.
* Able to develop effective working relationships with colleagues across the organisation and external agencies.
* Experience of successful case management with positive outcomes
* Ability to travel across the region.
* Able to work early mornings or evenings if required to support investigation work.