£33,100.00 Per Annum • Permanent •
Our Client believes that good homes make for better lives. Inspired by their founder, the social reformer, they are a not-for-profit organisation providing thousands of people with good-quality affordable homes in inner London. Like their founder they believe in the power of well-planned, well-managed housing to make a difference.
-A difference to the people who live in their homes, many of whom would otherwise be priced out of London
-A difference to the vitality of local areas and their ability to give extra care and support to people who need it
-And a difference to London as a whole, playing our part in sustaining the capital’s rich diversity and social mix – something that benefits our entire society
They aim to build happier lives and resilient communities by focusing on people as individuals, providing them with a range of services and the opportunity to support themselves. They spend any surplus income – whether from their houses or their social enterprises – on investing in their homes and building for the future.
We have a wonderful opportunity to join this organisation as a Building Inspector.
The maintenance team is responsible for the provision of a responsive repairs service to deal with day-to-day disrepair issues on Our client’s properties, and a planned maintenance service to ensure that tenants’ homes are well maintained and in good order for the future. The maintenance team, working with contractors and other partners, aims to provide a first-class service to tenants, colleagues, and other stakeholders.
Carrying out post completion inspection of repair works carried out on property owned or managed by Our Client.
What is the focus?
* Improving our clients performance.
* Ensuring that Our client’s tenants have confidence in the repairs service they receive.
* Ensuring that value for money is achieved in respect of property maintenance works
1. Inspection of completed repairs and void work to establish whether the work has been completed to a suitable standard, was an appropriate fix for the reported problem, the materials and parts used fit for the purpose, cost represents value for money carried out in a timely fashion and the tenant is content with the work done and the way it was carried out.
2. Providing feedback on contractor performance
3. To inspect properties of resident’s who are wishing to Mutually Exchange and provide feedback to the Housing Team.
4. Recording and maintaining records of post inspections in accordance with agreed performance indicators.
5. Instructing contractors in respect of defective work, and checking that remedial work is carried out.
6. Attending and making a positive contribution at tenant surgeries/meetings.
7. Carry out inspections relating to complaints, condensation control, damp, disrepair and damage as requested by the Repairs Manager.
8. Raise new works orders which arise from post inspection visits
9. Provide duty cover when required
10. To deal with residents queries in a positive and sympathetic manner
11. Provide back up for the Property Surveyor as requested by the Repairs Manager
12. To work with other departments on Estate Improvements were required
13. To check and sign off work relating to Fire Risk Assessments
14. Any other related work as directed by the Repairs Manager