£35.00 • Contract •
We are currently recruiting for a Commercial Property Solicitor. If you are interested then please reply with your most up to date CV and your availability
Commercial Property Solicitor required immediately for minimum of 7 month period.
This post holder is responsible to the Legal Operations Manager for the provision of specialist legal work on commercial property and associated legal matters within the company.
Principle Outputs & Responsibilities
• To provide excellent customer focused legal service to all customers.
• To provide specialist legal advice and guidance to colleagues and residents on commercial property law and other legal matters within the company and those matters relating to managing the commercial properties within the company's portfolio.
• To carry out a range of commercial conveyancing work (including but not limited to the grant of new Leases, Licences, Underletting and Deeds of Variations) on behalf of the comapny.
• To lead on advice relating to enfranchisement opportunities within the stock and to be involved in the negotiation of terms for lease renewals, including taking legal action as required.
• To maintain an accurate record of income, savings and legal work in accordance with the recording requirements prescribed.
• To meet all targets set and any relevant corporate objectives.
• To provide excellent legal work that is tailored around the customer; that is prompt, clear and reliable and demonstrates an understanding of the business context; that is value for money, solutions focused and innovative.
• To pro-actively build excellent relationships with residents, customers and any internal or external stakeholders to ensure an outstanding legal service is provided.
• To be responsible for and supervise the quality and accuracy of the legal work of the paralegal(s) and/or administrative support staff working for the post holder.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Must be a qualified Solicitor, a member of the Law Society of England and Wales and a holder of a current Practising Certificate issued by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
• Be able to demonstrate post qualification experience.
• Have proven experience in advocacy, property related litigation, including the First Tier Tribunal.
• Have good IT skills generally and specifically Excel and Outlook and the ability to learn and master new systems quickly.
• Able to build effective links with all internal and external stakeholders and customers.
• Be committed to delivering exemplary customer service.
• Experience of providing legal services with a commercial approach and demonstrating value for money.