£73,860.00 Per Annum • Permanent •
Our Client is a registered social landlord, managing over 6,800 homes in London and Hertfordshire. They provide affordable housing in their communities as well as related care and support services to the people who live in them.
We have a wonderful opportunity to join this organisation as a Head of Property Services
* To effectively lead, manage and evolve an efficient and effective day to day maintenance service to buildings in a way that is customer focused and offers value for money including voids.
* Contribute to the overall Leadership of Our Client as part of the senior managers group including assisting with: developing corporate strategies, determining annual plans and priorities, and supporting achievement of corporate performance objectives.
* Develop working practices within the contract management team that ensures our buildings are well maintained for our customers by ensuring that the day to day repairs service and planned programmes are led by customer feedback while ensuring compliance in all areas.
* Ensure effective data management systems and associated business systems, policies, processes and programmes of work to objectively demonstrate and provide assurance of ongoing statutory and regulatory compliance and the service associated with delivery of the contracts provides a high level of internal and external customer satisfaction.
* Responsible for overseeing the maximisation of rental income through delivering the end to end lettings and voids process minimising void periods and delivering greater value from void works whilst ensuring a customer centric service with a commercial approach.
* To provide timely and accurate performance reporting and KPI updates to numerous stakeholders
* To lead on ensuring appropriate risk management approaches are in place to effectively manage our property obligations.
* Create a resident focussed culture where resident contact is prioritised and handled effectively and in line with Our Client’s service standards.
* Create a culture in which staff understand the importance of accurate customer and property data, providing suitable systems for storage and reporting of such data and ensuring compliance with the use of these systems.
* To be responsible for a capital and revenue budget exceeding £6 million.
* To ensure that the work completed by the team and contractors is communicated to the business and to external customers promoting the positive work carried out by the department including budget and service planning.
* Ensure proper liaison with tenant representation to ensure property integration of tenant’s views into processes and to ensure the service is customer focused
* Ensuring that continuous improvement is sought and any changes are driven using customer feedback.
* Degree in Construction Management or similar equivalent qualification.
* NEBOSH National and General Construction.
* A significant level of knowledge of contract management and delivery of construction contracts.
* An excellent understanding of the drivers for customer satisfaction in repairs and planned contracts.
* Knowledge of all relevant legislative, regulatory and compliance areas relating to property maintenance.
* Full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work essential.
* Knowledge and experience of financial, operational, compliance and business risk and the management of it.
* Significant knowledge of current best practice in relation to cyclical and planned works in housing
* Significant experience of contract management and delivery of construction contracts.
* Experience of risk management and its application in a compliance setting.
* Demonstrable experience in managing capital and revenue investment in housing repair, improvement and refurbishment works while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
* Experience of dealing with specialists working in high risk areas.
* Demonstrable experience of managing, monitoring and implementing systems in an Asset Management role
* Experience of working with a variety of stakeholders across functions.
* Demonstrable experience of managing, monitoring and implementing statutory compliance in a property role such as FRAs, water testing, gas and asbestos.
* Experience of managing mixed teams across multiple locations.
* Demonstrable experience of managing a varied and challenging workload.