£50,000.00 Per Annum • Contract •
** 6 month – 1 year contract initially * Head of Service Charge & Rents* 50K + * North London **
Our Client helps people to live better by providing high quality homes and care across London and the South East. They manage approximately 17,000 homes and have plans to build 5,000B over the next ten years. Also supporting over 9,000 people to help them live independently.
Our Client’s vision is to create places for people to call home and support them to live well. They do this by ensuring their five core values are embedded in everything they do, and by creating teams of dedicated people who share these values and actively contribute to achieving their shared vision.
We have a great opportunity to join our client’s team as Head of Service Charges and Rent.
This role is responsible to the Head of Income & Director of Customer Operations for the overall operation management of the Service Charge and Rents Team.
Job Purpose and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for the accurate calculation and issue of all rents in the One Housing portfolio working as required with other departments to achieve this.
* Overall day to day operational responsibility for all Customer Enquiries relating to service charges and rents
* Ensure the Service Charge and Rents Teams provides an excellent customer focused professional management service to residents and clients ensuring all legal landlord/freeholder obligations are met, ensuring all relevant fees, charges, notices and rents are issued in a timely manner and addressing any queries in relation to these as required.
* To advise and implement lease terms, statutory measures and One Housing policies relevant to the management of shared ownership and leasehold properties.
* To provide specialist advice and guidance to colleagues and residents on matters relating to rents, service charges and third party landlords.
* To be responsible for undertaking all statutory consultation in relation to service charges.
* To proactively ensure that the databases and mapping used for the calculation of rents and service charges are up to date, accurate and contains all the relevant information.
* Meet all targets set and any relevant corporate objectives, including production of KPI’s and stats.
* Operational responsible for ensuring the accurate calculation, construction and issue of all service charges, including both annual revenue charges and major works charges, working with other departments to achieve this
Extensive experience in the field of the service charges and rent setting (specifically service charge billing, rent setting, income collection, S20 consultation and third-party managing agents).
* Understanding of government policy and legislation in relation to rents and service charges.
* Extensive knowledge of leases, tenancies, legislation and case law in relation to service charges and rents.
* Commitment to delivering excellence in customer service.
* The ability to manage and oversee the use of IT systems for managing service charges and rents.
* The ability to build effective links with relevant stakeholders, both internally and externally.
* Management experience of staff and/or teams to achieve high performance targets.
* Wider understanding and insight into customer and property management functions.
Our Client’s benefits:
* 35 hour full time working week
* Pensions -is a sector-leader in the contributions we make to our colleagues’ pensions.
* Buying and selling annual leave – We know that getting the balance right between work and home life is a big part of supporting our colleagues’ wellbeing.
* Paid time off to volunteer in our communities.
* Season ticket loans
* A healthcare cashback plan – allowing you to claim back cash for you and your family’s routine healthcare.
* Colleague recognition scheme – we let you know when you’ve done a #greatjob
* Learning Academy – our innovative, in-house learning and development offering, designed to support with your personal and professional development.
* Study leave – up to five days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
* Career break – after three years’ continuous service.
* Annual leave – 28 days plus bank holidays