£35,728.00 Per Annum • Permanent •
Our Client believes that good homes make for better lives, they are a not-for-profit organisation providing thousands of people with good-quality affordable homes in inner London. They believe in the power of well-planned, well-managed housing to make a difference. They aim to build happier lives and resilient communities by providing a responsive, supportive and effective service to all our residents, irrespective of tenure, with staff committed to integrated working within and across teams to deliver on resident priorities.
We have a brilliant opportunity to join our client’s team, as a Home Ownership Officer
The Home Ownership Services Officer will be responsible for providing a high-quality property management experience to shared owners, leaseholders, intermediate rent and market rent properties and any other tenures that may be introduced to the Home Ownership and Commercial team.
You will be the key contact for our residents and will progress a range of casework, including neighbour disputes, breaches of leases / tenancy agreements, approval and monitoring of subletting requests, encouraging resident involvement. In addition to these duties you will ensure properties are visited regularly, ensuring services are provided to a high standard, reporting issues quickly and keeping residents informed. You will also work closely with the officer responsible for monitoring services provided by third party managing agents and assist in complying with statutory consultation requirements.
Working closely with departments across the organisation, you will play a pivotal role in developing and improving the services Our Client provides, to meet the expectations of our residents.
To succeed, you’ll be an enthusiastic, self-motivated, customer focused individual. Experienced in managing property along with a commitment to improving services in response to customer need.
1. Responsible for the provision of an effective and responsive customer and management service to a patch of homeowners, intermediate rent tenants and private rental tenants and any other tenures that may be introduced to the Home Ownership and Commercial team.
2. Ensuring that a high level of Customer Service is provided to all external and internal customers with a consistent focus on improving customer satisfaction to meet challenging corporate targets.
3. Leads on the visit and inspection programme for all properties within the patch containing homeowners, intermediate rent and any other tenures that are managed by the Home Ownership and Commercial Team. Ensuring that visit targets are met and that actions are allocated via the CRM system to the appropriate officer and/or team.
4. Work closely and effectively with other departments in Our Client with a particular focus on Asset Management, Finance, Communal Services and Improvements and Housing Management teams to ensure that services are provided meet the expectations of our residents.
5. Act as an advocate for homeowners and other residents on issues affecting resident satisfaction and work with the Home Ownership & Intermediate Housing Manager to devise solutions.
6. Leads on managing and understanding lease obligations within properties on the patch and provides effective advice to other departments and residents
7. Works closely with Our Client Living Sales Team to ensure that new residents on the patch receive a seamless service and that responsibilities of owners and tenants are clearly communicated.
8. Work with other teams on planning and consultation for planned and reactive works, following statutory obligations including administering the section 20 process.
9. Works closely with team members and other teams to identify and plan improvements to the service.
10. Works with the Home Ownership and Commercial team ensuring policies and procedures are fit for purpose and meet good practice and legal obligations.
11. Leads on resident involvement activities on the patch in liaison with the Resident Involvement Manager ensuring that the Home Ownership and Commercial team is active and involved in arranging regular tenants’ meetings and community events including at evenings and weekends.
12. Work with the Service Charge Officer to develop effective liaison with managing agents and freeholders on properties within the patch as well as other Our Client schemes (including those without homeowners) and monitoring costs and service levels to confirm that value for money and service standards are being achieved
13. Working with the Service Charge Officer on the calculation and monitoring of service charge budgets allocated to each scheme within the patch.
14. Deal with all legal enquiries and processes related to the sale of existing leasehold and shared ownership properties within the patch.
15. Provide cover for the other patch officer(s) and the Home Ownership Income Officers and others as required and work closely with these roles to ensure continuity of services to homeowners during absences.
16. Manage voluntary disposals of parcels of land attached to leasehold property, instructing and liaising with solicitors and valuers to ensure that corporate and statutory requirements are followed
17. Manage ASB cases involving homeowners and the rented tenures managed ensuring cases are dealt with sensitively and in accordance with corporate policies and best practice. Liaising with other teams where multi-tenure issues occur.