£58,000.00 Per Annum • Contract •
We are looking for an area manager to cover West London (Hounslow & Hammersmith & Fulham) patch. This is a 4 month hybrid FTC paying £50284 -£58224 (DOE),
We really need experienced staff, who can handle change and likes to get stuck in!
To lead, manage, motivate, and develop a multi-disciplined team to deliver consistent, effective, and high-quality neighbourhood & leasehold management services which maximises customer satisfaction, achieves performance targets and current and future objectives. To be fully responsible for decisions in alignment with policies, procedures, and good practices.
Key responsibilities/ deliverables
1. Recruit, develop and manage a team of Homes & Communities staff,
motivating and progressing services, activities, and culture to meet targets,
both individually and collectively and reduce turnover rates of staff
2. To apply the Group’s Target Operating Model and deliver excellent standards
and performance in relation to regulatory and legal compliance, best practice,
innovation, and customer service.
3. Proactively lead, manage, and monitor the effective delivery of the Group’s
leasehold, commercial, and neighbourhood services ensuring policies and
procedures are up to date and applied.
4. To ensure A2D recovers maximum recoverable estate/block service charges
currently standing at £36.3m by ensuring that they are properly formulated,
reviewed, and adequately cover expenditure.
5. Use and Analyse reports, statistics, and other information to drive
performance in Block Accounting, Estate Inspections and Customer
Satisfaction with their neighbourhood
6. Lead on Service Improvement areas – Neighbourhood Management and
Leasehold Management; and Service Charge ensuring that policies related to
our disciplines are adopted, embedded, and applied across internal
departments and tenures
7. Lead and ensure service responds to and resolves customer enquiries and
complaints within the Group’s set target timeframe and achieve 100%
compliance in line with Corporate Action Plan and Regulatory requirements
8. To lead and make effective decisions in the management and operational
effectiveness of the Groups’ Out of Hours service ensuring customer and staff
health and safety, security and safeguarding and on decisions to decant.
9. To set and monitor challenging, achievable targets at team and individual
10. Use data to identify, evaluate and drive service improvements to increase
customer satisfaction, providing value for money and continuous
improvement and attain reductions in legal cases, costs and A2D reputational
11. Provide guidance, coaching and assistance to staff on more complex customer and legal cases ensuring contractual and legislative obligations are met.
12. Work with internal and external stakeholders, building cohesive relationships
to create a supportive, efficient, and effective environment.
13. Aid the Head of Homes in establishing the department budget.
14. To represent the Group (or Directorate as appropriate) at meetings, hearings,
and other forums.
15. To deputise where appropriate for the Heads of Homes & Communities
Qualifications & Training
* Educated to GCSE level or equivalent in Maths and English (Grades A*- C)
* CIH, IRPM, or other relevant property or housing professional membership or relevant experience.
* Has or is willing to undertake relevant technical/building safety qualification in line with changing legislation
Knowledge and skills
* Minimum of 3 years’ experience of leading and managing a team
* Minimum of 3 years’ experience of delivering front line (customer facing) services
* Excellent and accurate up to date knowledge of current housing law and legislation
* Minimum of 2 years’ experience of managing projects A
Experience of adopting a continuous improvement approach and adapting to change
* Excellent written and verbal skills including the ability to present in high pressured environments
* Ability to influence and inspire a range of stakeholders at
* Excellent IT skills
* Ability to calculate data and analyse information to draw logical
* Full UK driving license