£39,367.00 Per Annum • Permanent •
We are recruiting for an excellent opportunity as my client’s HR Business Partner/Advisor based in Enfield, London. This is a full-time permanent opportunity paying £39,267 per annum – can negotiate for the right candidate.
We are looking for a dynamic people professional, who is experienced in employee relations, engagement and with a passion for developing others. Whilst experience in a similar role in a school setting is desirable, it isn’t essential. We welcome applications from people with a wide range of backgrounds and we’re looking for someone who shares our values and beliefs.
Having the right attitude is important. You’ll be just as happy being strategic as you are rolling up your sleeves and being hands on. Don’t be put off from applying if you have specialist skills in some areas but not in others. We are committed to personal and professional development. As you’d expect, we’re an inclusive employer and are committed to equal opportunities.
Based in the borough of Enfield, West Lea is a school that provides education to children and young adults with special educational needs and disabilities, from the ages of 4 to 25.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome. Our four campuses, serve nearly 450 learners and are home to 220 employees.
A strong community that works together with the common goal of helping each other to flourish, our learners leave equipped with a ‘suitcase of skills’ that help them to progress onto further education and work. We’re a disability confident employer that’s Investors in People accredited, with firmly held values placed at our core.
Purpose of the role:
* The HR Business Partner will work alongside the People and Culture Manager, senior leaders and people managers at all levels.
* Reporting to the People and Culture Manager who, working with the Director of Education oversees the school’s great place to work (GP2W) pillar and plans, you will be accountable and responsible for providing efficient and effective HR advice, guidance and support across the complete employee lifecycle.
* You will be responsible for managing and reporting on all areas of HR operations and employee relations.
* You will be part of a small team including a People and Culture Manager (line manager), Governance Administrator, Marketing Coordinator and People and Culture Team Administrator.
* You will play an active role in the life of the school, our partner charity and trust.
* Degree educated and CIPD qualified to a minimum of level 5 – Essential
* HR degree/master/CIPD qualified at level 7 (or working towards this) – Desirable
* At least 3 years’ experience in HR generalist role, with employment law knowledge and case management experience. Including:
* Setting up and managing HR Systems
* Delivering an exceptional service to busy people managers
* Continuously improving the employee experience and relations in a complex organisation with multiple stakeholders (including matrix relationships)
* Extensive experience of successfully managing HR cases, with an in-depth knowledge of employment legislation
* Experience of and passion for operating a devolved HR model, enabling line managers to be excellent people managers and servant leaders
* Build relationships. Create partnerships, build trust, share ideas and accomplish work
* Develop people. Help others become more effective through strengths, expectations and coaching
* Lead change. Embrace change and set goals that align with a stated vision
* Inspire others. Encourage others through positivity, vision, confidence, challenges and recognition
* Think critically. Gather and evaluate information that leads to smart decisions
* Communicate clearly. Share information regularly and concisely
* Create accountability. Hold yourself and your team responsible for performance