£43.00 Per Hour • Temporary •
Our Client gives people the key to all the possibilities that come with a good home. They build, sell, rent and manage quality homes in thriving communities. They are an award-winning housing association with over 40 years’ experience of providing affordable homes. Our Client owns and manages over 20,000 homes across London, Hertfordshire and the South East and have an annual turnover of over £230 million.
We have a brilliant opportunity to join this organisation as a HR Manager.
To lead a team of HR Specialists to provide a comprehensive and professional HR service that supports the delivery of organisational strategy, the people & culture strategy and directorate business plans.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Oversee and lead the employee relations function, ensuring HR policy and best practice is implemented for managing absence, performance, disciplinary & grievance and all other employment-related activities
2. As senior HR subject matter expert, advise the Executive Leadership team, senior managers, ICC and/or other forums on the impact of employment-related issues identifying risks and mitigation measures
3. Manage a wide range of collective and individual employment issues, providing comprehensive, expert advice, guidance and support to directorates on all employment related matters.
4. Lead the management of complex casework to secure best outcomes, acting as a centre of expertise on employment policy and legislation
5. Support the HR Specialists to deliver quality advice and a proactive HR service to managers in line with our people and culture Strategy
6. Support the Director of people and culture to determine and deliver a reward and benefits strategy for Our Client to include terms and conditions of employment, pay structures, pay progression, annual pay review, and equal pay audits
7. Undertake salary benchmarking and advice managers on appropriate salary packages, considering internal relativities and appropriate data sources, in line with the pay policy
8. Identify the development needs of operational managers and work with the L&OD team to develop anddeliver interventions to upskill managers to deliver employee related policies, improve organisational capability and contribute to a culture of performance management and continuous improvement
9. Provide advice, proactive support and appropriate HR interventions to support directorate restructures and change management programmes
10. Play a critical role, alongside others in the people and culture management team, in designing and implementing resourcing/succession strategies and practices to secure a good quality talent pipeline and retention of critical posts/people
11. Review and develop HR policies in line with legal requirements and good practice, to drive performance and mitigate disputes and ensuring managers’ understanding by designing and delivering manager workshops and training
12. Deliver a range of HR-specific projects and proactively support staff engagement activities; e.g. roadshows, staff conferences, café consultations/people management group sessions and managers’ events
13. Embrace, champion, role-model and uphold the culture, values and behaviours that drive the achievement of the organisation’s ambitions and goals.
* Chartered Member of the CIPD or equivalent experience
Knowledge and Skills Required
* The successful role holder will be a Chartered member of the CIPD with a breadth of HR experience across different business sectors
* Able to work effectively as an HR Business Partner, building high quality and impactful relationships quickly and managing expectations/needs of customers to ensure a high standard of service is provided at all times.
* Able to balance delivering high standards as a BP with ensuring project work is delivered on time and to a high standard.
* Experience of providing advice and guidance to managers and staff on complex HR matters to ensure that the group operates within the current legislative framework.
* Experience of using a range of recruitment and selection techniques and methodologies in order to advise managers accordingly.
* Experience of supporting the delivery of organisational change.
* Project management capability.
* Good level of knowledge in respect of existing UK employment law and demonstrates an awareness of forthcoming legislative changes and their impact on the business.
* A demonstrable commitment to the principles of equality and diversity across all aspects of the organisation.
* Pro-active, professional and able to demonstrate full commitment to exceptional customer care and service in all activities.
* Proven track record of continuous professional development, including theory-based research, external benchmarking and beneficial networking e.g. CIPD forums etc.)
* An active practitioner of working as a partner to the business, with the confidence to coach, support, mentor and challenge managers.
* Knowledgeable in respect of existing UK employment law and demonstrates an awareness of forthcoming legislative changes and their impact on the business.
* High levels of emotional intelligence, self-awareness and empathy in order to build effective relationships.