£20.00 Per Hour • Temporary •
** Income Officer x 3 – Immediate start – NW London – £20 p/h – Ongoing temporary contract **
Our Client is a London Borough Council is the local authority for a borough in Greater London, England. It is a London borough council, one of 32 in the United Kingdom capital of London. Our Client is widely known as the most diverse borough in London and one of the most diverse boroughs in the UK as a whole.
Our Client has a great opportunity to join their team as an Income Officer
* The Income Officer will be responsible for collecting rent and arrears from tenants who are in living in permanent Council properties as well as those in Temporary Accommodation and the various new schemes that Our Client manages.
* Maximising rent collection in line with targets, offering advice to sustain tenancies as necessary. Reducing rent arrears on a continuing basis through the effective enforcement of the rent arrears policy, procedure and systems.
* Attending Court hearings to provide evidence and represent Our Client on individual arrears or possession cases.
Our Client are looking for a unique officer who has a track record in dealing with customers, discussing housing issues and who is not afraid to discuss financial related problems with clients whilst providing an excellent customer service. You should be able to demonstrate knowledge of the Pre-Court Action protocol and you must have knowledge of the appropriate housing and welfare reform legislation.
* Sound knowledge of best practice in management of income recovery, debt counselling & debt collection
* Relevant experience of working in a partnership/Multi-Agency setting and multi-Disciplinary team
* Understanding of housing benefit regulations and rent arrears pre-Actions protocols
* Ability to effectively interview customers through active listening and negotiation skills
* Experience of working largely autonomously to manage own workload and prioritise tasks both on-Site and in the office
* You must be able to demonstrate the ability to work as a team towards common goals.
* You must have the ability to interpret and explain to a range of audiences. This may be about relevant arrears related enquiries as well as complex legal issues such as possession proceedings.
* You must have the ability to work “on the go” using mobile technology. The ideal candidate should be highly self-motivated with the ability to plan work effectively without being supervised.