£32,000.00 Per Annum • Permanent •
We are recruiting for an excellent opportunity as my clients Income Officer based in Camden. This role is hybrid working (3 days at home, 2 days in office) and is paying up to £32,000 per annum.
The successful candidate will have:
* Good communication and negotiating skills
* Demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy and excellent organisational skills.
* Be computer literate, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Experience of working in a team to achieve high performance targets.
* Able to build effective links with all relevant stakeholders both within One Housing and externally.
* Commitment to delivering exemplary customer service.
* Knowledge of legislation around leasehold and shared ownership property.
* Understanding of leases, service charges and rents.
* Understanding of the residential conveyancing process.
* Good welfare benefits knowledge.
* Professional qualification in income collection or debt collection (desirable)
Your responsibilities will include:
* Ensure the efficient and effective collection of service charges for shared ownership and leasehold properties and of shared ownership rents.
* Responsible for the collection of housing related debt (current and former)
* Deal with enquiries and ensure the assignment procedures are followed when a property assigns or upon identifying that a property may assign.
* Ensure any outstanding debt, fees and/or charges are recovered when properties assign and before receipting notices, executing deeds or providing information on behalf of One Housing.
* Provide residents with welfare benefits advice where required and identify arrears cases where customers need additional support and liaise with the relevant sections/agencies to ensure support is obtained.
* Take firm but fair action on any resident who falls into arrears, including any legal procedures and forfeiture of the property where necessary.
* Manage and monitor residents accounts, to take action where necessary and retain a central record of all communications with the residents.
* Provide accurate information to leaseholders, freeholders, solicitors, legal representatives and mortgage lenders, in relation to the role.
* Ensure a collaborative approach between our HomeOwnership Advisors, Service Charges and Rents Team and Legal Team maximise our income collection.
* Follow recovery process to ensure maximum collection rates.
* Use MobysoftRentSense, or any other software in, to action accounts and hit targets.