£18.00 Per Hour • Full-Time •
** Amazing charity – Learning & Development Role – Central Watford – Temp-Perm (Salary £26,622pa ) **
Our Client is proud of the excellent care they provide for patients and families with life-limiting illnesses. They are looking for a motivated and experienced individual to join their team as a Learning and Development Manager
Making the most of people’s talents and developing them to their full potential by assessing the skills and knowledge within the organisation and determining what training is needed to grow and retain these skills.
There needs to be a strong focus on not just what the learner desires but what the organisation needs. This will entail assessing training needs, crafting learning interventions utilising both internal and external resources.
* Partner with senior managers across the Hospice to offer information, advice and guidance on all learning and development matters 15%
* Identify learning and development needs across the Hospice, and develop appropriate and high-quality L&D interventions to meet requirements 40%
* Ensure compliance across mandatory training areas 15%
* Ensure the smooth running of the L& D function and contribute to the development of a culture of learning and continuous improvement throughout the Hospice. 15%
* Partner with senior managers and HR to ensure all volunteering L& D needs are met 15%
The percentages above are indicative and may change with organisational and departmental needs. This job specification may be modified in the light of development and changing circumstances, according to the needs of the service, and in consultation with the post holder. The post holder should be prepared to undertake any further duties that arise as the post develops.
Director of Resources, Training Co-Ordinator, HR Business Managers, Executive Team, Quality & Audit Manager, Practice Development Nurse Volunteers, staff, external training providers and Hospice Networks.
KEY TASKS: – Some tasks may be delegated but the post holder remains responsible for ensuring that they are carried out satisfactorily.
Analyse key people data to identify training and development needs within the organisation through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with managers and Human Resources Business Managers (HRBMs). Decipher wants from needs and identify skills gaps and future learning requirements.
Training & Development
Design, deliver and evaluate specific training programmes including but not exclusively to:
* Meet the governance requirements for agreed mandatory training for staff and volunteers across the organisation.
* Include a comprehensive induction programme for staff and volunteers.
* Support managers in providing technical training
* Be able to identify individual learning styles and develop creative approaches to meet those needs.
* Consider relevance of blended learning options such as coaching, mentoring, on-the-job training, classroom training, e-learning and simulation. Make recommendations to decision makers.
To lead on the provision of mandatory training within the Hospice to staff and volunteers to include supporting the mandatory eLearning programme for all staff and volunteers.
Design and expand training and development programmes based on the needs of the organisation and the individual.
* keep up to date with developments in training by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses
* have an understanding of e-learning techniques, and where relevant, be involved in the creation and/or delivery of e-learning packages.
Research new technologies and methodologies in workplace learning and present this research.
Help line managers and trainers solve specific training problems and to transfer learning into practice.
Financial and/or Quality Management
Consider the costs of planned programmes and keep within budgets. Assess the return on investment of any training or development programme.
Source or create learning materials/resources to enable internal PHC staff to deliver education and training in their areas of expertise.
Identify and ensure quality of external providers, providing feedback for ongoing improvement to PHC and to the training provider.
Working with the fundraising department, the Director of Resources and other individuals to pursue funding opportunities/resources for clinical, non-clinical and volunteering training initiatives/education, submitting bids or providing supporting information for bids.
To ensure that confidentiality is maintained so that no inappropriate disclosure of confidential information takes place.
Monitoring & Reporting
Ensure all education and training is evaluated by the attendees. In conjunction with Training Coordinator, evaluate the effectiveness of training and ensure any follow up action is taken as a result.
Monitor and review the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with managers.
Support the management and development of the Training Coordinator.
Personal/Continuous Professional Development
Ensure own personal development needs are identified and met and keeping abreast of trends in the training and development field. Any professional registrations are maintained independently.