£26.00 Per Hour • Temporary •
We are recruiting for an excellent ongoing temporary opportunity as my clients Leasehold Consultation Officer based in Wembley. This role is hybrid working and is paying £20.57 PAYE / £26.23 Umbrella.
* Develop and maintain knowledge of the legislation and best practice in relation to leasehold
* consultation and leasehold management.
* To provide prompt and accessible consultation services for Leaseholders including; the
* calculation of service charges; major works billing; reserve fund; shared ownership rent and ground rent.
* To plan and successfully deliver a range of leaseholder statutory consultation
* documentation that includes details of works, potential timescales and calculation of charges.
* Ensure leaseholders’ observations during the consultation period are responded to, within time limits, liaising with the relevant staff in other departments.
* To be responsible for key decisions during the co-ordination and delivery of section 20/20b consultations in accordance with statutory timescales and notifications. Ensuring that these are carried out in accordance with the lease.
* To work in collaboration with colleagues in the Leasehold Income Team to calculate annual
* and major works service charges to produce estimated, interim and actual invoices which are accurate, reasonable, and in accordance with legislation and local procedures and policies
* Demonstrable knowledge of the Section 20 consultation processes.
* Demonstrable knowledge of preparing for and presenting evidence at a First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) and County Court.
* Understanding of at least one of the following housing acts or legislation and how they pertain to leasehold management:
* Leasehold Management Legislation
* Right to Buy and LVT procedures
* Landlord and Tenant Act 1985
* Common-hold and Leasehold Reform Act 2003
* An understanding of housing and service charges legislation and the legal processes which govern the resolution of disputes.
* Experience of delivering successful consultation programmes.
* Experience of speaking clearly and consicely in front of audiences and to a wide number of stakeholders.
* Experience listening to customers views and acting upon them.