£60,000.00 • Permanent •
We are pleased to be recruiting for this excellent permanent opportunity successful and going specialist mechanical and electrical sub contractor who specialises in HVAC for the built environment.
Job Description: Project Manager
Reporting to: Managing Director
Scope: Primarily head office based with external customer and site meetings.
Purpose of Role:
Due to continued organic growth our client are proactively seeking an experienced Mechanical Services Project Manager to join our growing team. The successful candidate will be experienced in working on a number of various high-profile projects within both the Public and Private Sectors.
Our customers are at the core of what we do and as we continue to grow and expand to better serve their engineering needs across all sectors. Our engineers work as part of the client’s team constantly bringing real value to every project. Our success depends solely on the quality and motivation of our people and their ability to challenge the ‘norm’.
Reporting and Relationships:
The role will report to the Managing Director and is directly responsible for the control, management, and leadership of teams of directly employed and sub contract engineers and installation engineers and additional support staff within the maintenance and installation function. An effective relationship with the customers and staff is essential.
Summary of responsibilities:
1) Required to take direct management responsibility of operations on Mechanical and Electrical projects, ensuring projects are completed safely, to a high quality standard, on time and within budget.
2) Manage all aspects of programming of works and monitoring building progress; specified and alternative equipment submittals, compliance with regulations and issue weekly progress reports.
3) Supervision of personnel on site specialist sub-contract, agency and direct employees.
4) Co-ordination of installation – review design process to ensure that installations are fit for purpose.
5) Ensure weekly progress reporting is issued, for example RFI’s, procurement schedules, technical submittals, program responses, critical date, identification and any documentation that is specific to projects which you are involved in. In order to achieve this, it is important that a full understanding of all aspects of the project is known.
6) Oversee the contracting process with chosen sub-contractors and ensuring all works are carried out correctly and as per contract and specification.
7) Co-ordination of plant movement and plant records, maintaining log records up to date and reporting plant issues.
8) Co-ordination of delivery of materials to site, when required, including checking quantity and quality of deliveries and taking full responsibility for same.
9) Liaison with clients, professional teams, main contractors and other trades personnel as and when required including attendance at all project related and management meetings.
10) Hold regular progress meetings with both the design team and sub-contractors and effectively control the use of both labor and materials – Carry out surveys of installations -Ensure the installations are ready for commissioning on the due dates and manage commissioning so that no liquidated damages are incurred on any projects -Inspection, testing, commissioning and witnessing plans.
11) Will play a key role in the value engineering process of the project which will include setting budgets, achieving targets, identifying variations and changes. Closely monitoring the usage of materials and resources on site.
12) Help prepare project cost plans and ensure all projects are achieving targets.
13) Close out project successfully and to budgeted profit levels. Commercial awareness requesting and monitoring of instructions and issuing same to consultant engineers/quantity surveyors. Issue of work records and labor returns, RFI, CVI, Technical submittals and the provision of information or costing of variations etc.
14) Procurement of subcontract, plant and materials in conjunction with other departments taking full responsibility for achieving commercial buying targets. 15) Comply with our client’s Quality, Safety and Environmental Systems including monitoring and maintaining site documentation – Comply with our client’s Policies and Procedures throughout day to day working.
16) Ensure subcontract/plant scopes are prepared to ensure that there are no grey areas in the package and to ensure that risks are offset via the supply chain.
17) Ensure productivity monitoring is put in place for all direct employed/agency operatives.
18) Work flexibly to achieve our client Management Team objectives.
1) Have experience of fixed price contracts with good appreciation of commercial aspects.
2) Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience successfully delivering Design and Build MEP projects within the commercial sector.
3) Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills and a good team player.
4) Project Management experience from inception through to site delivery and handover.
5) Experience of managing projects up to £2M.
6) Be technically strong, client focused and proactive.
7) Hold appropriate project management qualification 8) Hold a SSSTS or SMSTS certificate
We look forward to hearing form you
Other Jobs You May Like
27200 • Full Time • 7 Hours AgoApply Now