£11.00 Per Annum • Temporary •
With the merger of two of the country’s largest GP practices a new Super-Practice has now been formed and they require several experienced, dedicated and enthusiastic Medical Receptionists to join this exciting new team.
* Offer general assistance to the Practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone
* Use EMIS system.
* Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way
* Undertake a variety of administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the Practice including the provision of admin support to clinical staff and other members of the Practice team
* Facilitate effective communication between patients, members the primary health care team, secondary care and other associated healthcare agencies
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities to be undertaken by members of the Practice administration /reception team may include any or all of the items in the following list. Duties may be varied from time to time under the direction of the Practice Manager/Operations Manager, dependent on current and evolving Practice workload and staffing levels:
* Opening up/locking-up of Practice premises and maintaining security in accordance with Practice protocols
* Maintaining and monitoring the Practice appointments system
* Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional
* Processing and distributing incoming (and outgoing) mail
* Scanning of documents
* Taking messages and passing on information
* Filing and retrieving paperwork
* Processing repeat prescriptions in accordance with Practice guidelines
* Computer data entry/data allocation and collation; processing and recording information in accordance with Practice procedures
* Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients, other team member and associated healthcare agencies and providers
* Providing admin assistance to Dr./Health Professionals as required from time to time, including word/data processing, filing, photocopying and scanning
* Ordering, re-ordering and monitoring of stationery and other supplies
* Keeping the reception area, notice-boards and leaflet dispensers tidy and free from obstructions and clutter
* GP Links .
* Register patients
* Extend appointments rotas where necessary
* Liaise with Out of Hours providers
* Clinical coding / data input
* Any other duties requested by the Practice Manager in relation to admin / reception duties to assist in the smooth running of the practice.
Please apply ASAP if interested.