£18.00 Per Hour • Temporary •
Our Client is a not-for-profit resident-led housing association based in South London. Managing more than 6,000 homes in the South of London and are now starting to build their first new homes. Our Client was named the UK’s 3rd best landlord for 2018 by 24 housing magazine – the fourth time running they’ve been listed among the top 10. They are proud to be a member of PlaceShapers, a national alliance of more than 100 community-focused housing associations.
We have a brilliant opportunity to join their repairs team as a Multi Trade Operative.
What is the purpose of my job?
As a multi skilled Operative on the Planned Works Team I will be responsible for the refurbishment of residential properties.
In my job I will:
* Sound knowledge of health & safety
* Self-driven and have a good eye for detail
* Must be able to clearly read and understand drawings
* Have a can do and helpful attitude
* Must be reliable and work tidy
* Have use of own transport
* Experience of fitting kitchen and bathroom fitting to a high standard
* Be competent with tiling, plumbing, basic carpentry, dry lining/partitioning and finishing skills
* Be able to work unsupervised to a high standard
* Be flexible and willing to finish work to a deadline
* Have your own a basic tool kit
* Demonstrate a willingness to learn and diversify my skills and abilities to support first time-fix for Our Client’s residents wherever possible.
* Be available for call-out rotas and flexible working schedules to accommodate the service hours of operation when necessary.
* Be familiar with and act at all times in compliance with Pour Client’s values, policies, procedures, standing orders and financial regulations.
* Carry out other duties within the scope and spirit of the job, and in accordance with the level of the post, as required, including mentoring of apprentices.
Job description and person specification
In my role I have a duty of care under the Health and Safety at Work Act. This means I will be familiar with the relevant legislation and will work in a safe way. As a team member I will take responsibility for my own safety as well as my team’s safety and work in collaboration with the Health and Safety Officer to minimise any potential risks.
My safeguarding obligations
As part of my wider duties and responsibilities I am required to promote and actively support Our Client’s responsibilities towards safeguarding. Safeguarding is about keeping people safe and protecting people from harm, neglect, abuse and injury. It is about creating safe places, being vigilant and doing something about any concerns I might have. It isn’t just about the very old or the very young, it is about everyone who may be vulnerable.