£24.00 Per Hour • Temporary •
Housing Manager – £24 p/h – Immediate start -NW London
Our Client is a local authority trading company, owned by the Council. They are the parent company to a housing association, a social landlord which manages 15,000 council homes, and social care organisation providing services to people with learning and physical disabilities. They welcome new business and can provide services on behalf of other organisations.
Our Client has a great opportunity to join their team as a Neighbourhood Housing Manager.
The Housing Manager is responsible for the development and provision of an excellent customer focused housing service coordinating with other partner service providers and stakeholders. They will lead and inspire their area-based team.
* Services provided by the team include.
* Tenancy management including flexible tenancies
* Consulting with and engaging with residents
* Responding to and managing anti-social behaviour
* Management of regeneration decanting programmes including measures to safeguard against squatting.
* Maximising the impact of the services provided through working with partner organisations such as the council, police, developers, voluntary organisations
* Management of offsite office accommodation
* To be responsible for the management and provision of high-quality local housing services that meet the needs of residents and the business objectives of Homes within the legal and procedural framework.
* To lead and inspire an area-based team to provide excellent and customer focused services ensuring that services are constant across all areas and best practice is shared between each area team.
* To ensure that correct support is provided to residents with flexible tenancies and that the tenancy agreements are reviewed within the required timescales. The post holder may be required to to robustly assess, approve and where required review all investigations and legal decisions made in the review of a fixed-term tenancy as well as any other decisions made under Housing and Planning Act 2016.
* To support the team through “managing change” as the business relocates to its new offices in Colindale and to embrace and support the implementation of new technologies to support mobile and flexible working.
* To review services provided by the team on a regular basis and develop, obtain sign off and implement as required new policies and procedures to support the work of the team.
* To be responsible for the control of any relevant office premises including security, health and safety. In exceptional circumstances the post holder may be required to attend to out of hours emergencies, however a key holding service is in place for the office accommodation to deal with most out of hours matters.
* Plan and manage the workload of the team including reviewing as required area housing officer patches to reflect the changing stock levels managed by the organisation
* Contribute towards the development and review of Our Client’s business plan and the delivery of specific items arising from the plan
* Assist with the procurement/negotiation and renewing as applicable various works contracts and service level agreements.
* Review and update as applicable various policies relating to matters surrounding housing management, regeneration works, tenancy matters and anti-social behaviour.
* Ensure services are delivered in a safe and effective manner giving regard to legal obligations, Homes/LBB policies and good practice
* Ensure as far as is possible delivery achieves or exceeds the standards required through Key performance Indicators
* Investigate and respond to complaints or queries regarding services provided by Our Client including any freedom of information requests and similar.
* Investigate and respond appeals against decisions concerning flexible tenancy reviews
* Monitor the use of legal services by the team ensuring that use is appropriate and that performance matters with the contract are addressed through the relevant contract monitoring facilities for the providers contract
* The post holder may be required to undertake the role of client representative or similar for various service contracts/SLA’s applicable to the post holder’s area of works. Examples include Guardian Contracts for securing permanent void properties, cleaning contracts, CCTV services, provision of equipment for monitoring ASB.
* Act as the primary point of contact for new build and regeneration works with the Homes Development Team or external regeneration partners for schemes within the post holder’s area
* Facilitate and support as required non-core community engagement activities. Staff Responsibility -5 to 8 staff depending on patch.
* Managing expenditure against agreed budgets for the services and staff within the post holders’ control. Authoring of invoices and payments and issuing of instructions/orders incompliance with Our Client’s Financial Regulations and Standing Orders.
* Maintain accurate records of works undertaken by the post holder and team to enable recharges of works to other parties (such as developers). Notify the finance team of sums to enable invoices to be raised. This list of main duties is not exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to carry out their duties, as required.