£24.00 Per Hour • Temporary •
** Neighbourhood housing Officer (Private Lettings) – West London – £24 p/h – Immediate start **
Neighbourhood Housing Officer
To be responsible and accountable for delivering a high-quality housing management service with an enhanced focus on resident engagement whilst delivering a holistic service that embeds community cohesion and ensures outstanding customer service.
The post holder will be required to manage and resolve complex housing and property management issues for tenants, agencies and supported housing and local authority licensees ensuring that services are delivered to an excellent standard.
The Private Lettings Housing Officer will manage the relationships between tenants, private landlords, supported housing agencies, local authorities and other agencies to ensure safe, secure and compliant accommodation are maintained.
The Private Lettings Housing Officer will be flexible and understand that the role will vary as the needs of Housing Services change.
1. Work closely with customers and colleagues to provide effective neighbourhood,
estate and tenancy & property management services catered to the specific needs
of our tenants, licencees, partnering agencies, local authorities, landlords and
2. Manage tenancies, housing management agreements, contracts and leases
effectively ensuring that all necessary actions are carried out in line with both
legislative requirements and SBHG policies.
3. Take a lead on ASB management, ensuring a victim centric response where cases
are resolved quickly through collaborative working and the effective use of relevant
4. Take ownership for the properties you manage ensuring that the services we deliver
are resident focused and responsive to local needs whilst encouraging resident
engagement, empowerment and feedback.
5. Provide excellent customer service to residents, landlords, agencies, other partner
agencies and colleagues, ensuring that high quality, value for money services are
delivered by scrutiny of repairs and property management services and monitoring of
6. Manage relationships to ensure that all parties adhere to the terms of the tenancy,
contract, management agreement or lease that is in place and ensuring that property
management costs are allocated and apportioned appropriately and promptly.
7. To maintain positive relationships with local authorities
and agencies to sustain housing management
8. To support the line manager and colleagues as and
when directed or required to meet the needs of the business and business continuity.