£22.00 Per Hour • Full-Time •
Our Client is a local authority trading company, owned by the Council. They are the parent company to a housing association, a social landlord which manages 15,000 council homes, and social care organisation providing services to people with learning and physical disabilities. They welcome new business and can provide services on behalf of other organisations.
We have a lovely opportunity to join this team as a Neighbourhood Housing Officer.
* Responsible for delivering excellent housing management services to our customers by providing services to the highest possible standards and ensuring that operational performance remains high and improves.
* Responsible for ensuring that neighbourhood services meet residents’ expectations and priorities and that residents have opportunities to influence service delivery.
* To deal with tenant and leaseholder enquiries regarding matters relating to their tenancy and lease in line with the organisation’s policies and procedures.
* To manage low level anti-social behaviour (ASB) in the neighbourhood ensuring that incidents of ASB are resolved quickly and efficiently.
* To deal with tenancy breaches and take appropriate action where necessary.
* To carry out regular estate inspections ensuring that residents are involved, and standards are maintained within the organisation’s Performance Indicators
* Work with residents and other departments to identify estate improvements in the neighbourhoods
* To undertake tenancy audits and where necessary take appropriate legal action to recover any properties where the legitimate tenant is not residing in the property.
* To manage tenancy changes to include, assignments, successions name changes etc.
* To provide advice and support to vulnerable residents to enable them to sustain their tenancy.
* To support and work with resident groups to help them influence the way in which services are delivered to their neighbourhoods
* Communicate effectively with colleagues to support service delivery using a range of methods including in person, by telephone, via electronic communication etc.
* To work in partnership and communicate effectively with external agencies, partners, and stakeholders to effectively manage tenancies and neighbourhoods
* To ensure that Safeguarding is observed whilst carrying out your duties.
* To provide periodic reports which may include basic statistical information
* To be aware of external support agencies and have the ability to effectively sign post residents to appropriate service providers to help them sustain their tenancy.
* To be able to work alone; visiting residents in their home while observing the organisations lone working procedures.
* To investigate and resolve complaints in accordance with the Organisation’s policies and procedures
* Identify opportunities for service improvements and make recommendations where appropriate