£33,273.00 Per Annum • Permanent •
Hi All, I’m currently recruiting for this position. Please click on the job title below to view the Job Description and apply to it!
Our Clients gives people the key to all the possibilities that come with a good home. They build, sell, rent and manage quality homes in thriving communities. They are an award-winning housing association with over 40 years’ experience of providing affordable homes. Our Client owns and manages over 20,000 homes across London, Hertfordshire and the South East and have an annual turnover of over £230 million.
We have a brilliant opportunity as a Neighbourhood Officer.
Role Purpose: To provide effective neighbourhood management services for all tenants and leaseholders on mixed tenure estates across London, delivering a Neighbourhood Plan, in conjunction with residents, which increases satisfaction, and ensuring that services and service charges offer high quality and value for money for residents.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Provide effective customer facing neighbourhood management services to tenants and leaseholders on mixed tenure estates, including covering reception when required.
2. Work in collaboration with Development team colleagues on new development projects ,work to ensure there are detailed information within scheme management plans
3. Manage cases of high needs residents identified through safeguarding, who are at risk of, or subject to, enforcement action due to their inability to manage a tenancy.
4. Undertake tenancy fraud investigations as directed by the Neighbourhood Team Leader
5. Provide advice, support and information to customers on leasehold; tenant service charges & tenancy conditions. Ensuring services are adhered to, applying a customer first approach when dealing with customers whilst resolving leasehold issues in accordance with procedures
6. Investigate and respond to stage 1 complaints and for Members Enquiries.
7. Ensure managing agents provide appropriate level and quality of services to residents including invoicing and payments, working closely with leasehold team.
8. Identify appropriate solutions to tackle ASB. Contribute to the development of a multi agency approach to resolve conflict and prevent incidents of ASB. Instigate legal action as required, gather and present evidence and present at court
9. Ensure effective tenancy management through timely fixed term tenancy reviews, mutual exchange requests, successions and assignments and end of tenancy inspections.
10. Undertake Estate Inspections in accordance with an agreed timetable.
11. Ensure effective and timely resolution of resident contacts within the Customer Hub Neighbourhood queue.
12. Agree and validate Service Charge Budgets with residents through consultation and where necessary procure new services or providers which meet the organisation’s procurement procedures, whilst ensuring residents are kept updated on performance against budget
13. Assist income teams in rent collection work as and when required as instructed by management.
Knowledge and skills required
* Knowledge of housing law and neighbourhood management service issues and good practice
* The ability to communicate clearly and persuasively to internal and external stakeholders across a range of circumstances
* Excellent analytical skills to identify a range of issues from information gathered
* Ability to validate the information, drawing conclusions and developing practical ways forward
* Excellent customer focus and a genuine desire to achieve excellence in all areas of responsibility
* Strong written communication skills sufficient to write reports
* Excellent administrative skills to manage a diverse workload and ensure effective management of the region
* Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to adapt this approach for different audiences of internal and external partnership stakeholders
* Ability to meet deadlines and plan and deliver a range of different activities
* Experience of delivering effective neighbourhood management services
* Experience of managing and resolving ASB issues