£22.00 Per Hour • Temporary •
Our Client is one of 32 London borough councils in the United Kingdom capital of London. and are widely known as the most diverse borough in London and one of the most diverse boroughs in the UK as a whole.
Our Client has a great opportunity to join their team as a Neighbourhood Patrol Officer
* To undertake a wide range of front line enforcement patrol duties in relation to Community Protection, Anti-Social Behaviour, Licensing (Premises, Alcohol and Highways), Environmental Crime including Noise Abatement, Environmental Enforcement (Illegal Rubbish Dumping, Graffiti, Flyposting, Pollution, Littering, etc.) as well as other wider enforcement duties as required – including enforcement of any Dog Control Orders or Public Space Protection Orders in effect.
* To support local policing resources and other partner agencies by providing an element of public protection as well as protection of space and place by being both customers focused and interventionist in approach – by challenging or disrupting unwanted behaviour within the borough, causing the cessation of undesirable activities or moving persons on. This will also include seizure and destruction of alcohol or other substances and/or switching off or confiscation of audio systems.
* To provide a highly visible uniformed presence across the borough and also be deployed in a targeted manner in order to understand and address localised problems in identified problem areas or ‘hotspots.
* To drive down the amount of litter and dumped waste on Brent’s streets and private land by carrying out waste enforcement activities using the relevant provisions of all appropriate and available legislation.
* To acquire London Metropolitan Police Community Safety (CSAS) Accreditation and operate within the powers of the scheme.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
* Knowledge of relevant legislative controls and enforcement tools and their legal basis; together with their proper practical implementation
* Knowledge and understanding of regulatory processes, including court procedures
* Knowledge of relevant legislation – including an understanding of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984, and how to apply legislation in line with the Enforcement Concordat.
* Knowledge of customer care principles
* Basic knowledge of health and safety principles
* Knowledge of the principles of risk assessment and control, and its proper practical implementation
* IT literate, in particular in using handheld computers/digital cameras/body worn cameras
* G.C.S.E Maths and English or equivalent
* NVQ in Customer Services or equivalent
* Experience in an enforcement role
* Experience of detection and reporting of offences
* Experience of court procedures – including attending court as a witness and giving evidence
* Experience in dealing with the public – particularly in sensitive situations
* Previous experience in dealing with conflict
Skills and Abilities:
* Good communicator
* Ability to walk long distances
* Good attention to detail
* Able to work without direct supervision
* Able to deal with unpredictable/potentially difficult situations
* A team player
* Confident with a common-sense approach
* Good standard of numeracy, literacy and grammatical accuracy.
* A personal commitment to customer care and an understanding of its relevance to the post
* A personal commitment to tolerance, equal opportunities and an understanding of its relevance to the post