£55,000.00 Per Annum • Permanent •
*** Procurement Manager – Ideally with experience in housing or public sector – 55k ***
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our client is a significant player in the Housing Sector, they already spend a considerable amount with their supply base. They have ambitious plans to grow the business whilst delivering step-change performance improvement internally and for their many clients and residents. An improved and high performing procurement capability is paramount to help realise their internal ambitions. They will develop a supply chain that matches their ambition and plays a crucial role in the delivery of their strategic plans. They have embarked on their journey and they’re looking for the expertise to help ‘bring it on’.
You’ll take ownership and responsibility for a portfolio of categories and provide procurement support and advice across the business to deliver outstanding performance improvement. You’ll develop category strategies that help to rationalise the supply base and deliver ambitious savings targets whilst ensuring full compliance with the Public Contract Regulations. You’ll build relationships both internally and externally to ensure that procurement makes a substantial contribution to the strategic objectives of the business. You’ll implement category strategies providing the business users with an ‘easy to use, and easy to comply’ supply chain construct that delivers both quality and value add on an enduring basis.
One of our core priorities across all parts of the business is delivering an excellent experience every time to every customer, internal and external. Our service style is being easy, reliable and empathetic – which you will make a central part of your role.
* Responsible for the performance and development of the supply chain for a specifically assigned portfolio of categories to ensure business objectives are achieved
* Responsible for ensuring a fully compliant procurement capability in respect to all relevant statutory, regulatory and internal business requirements for the assigned portfolio
* Responsible for the delivery of challenging performance objectives set for the assigned portfolio and ensuring an enduring and sustainable, continuously improving source of supply
* Participate in the continuous development of the procurement processes, tools and systems to deliver the needs of the business and implement step-change improvements.
You will have an impressive track-record of developing and implementing best in class procurement performance across a range of both direct and in-direct categories. You’re able to demonstrate significant influence, value add and supply chain improvement across a number of sectors.
Critically you must be able to demonstrate:
* Proven experience in the use of category management processes to deliver significant benefits to the organisation throughout the entire procurement lifecycle
* A broad knowledge and experience achieved within both Private and Public Sector procurement environments including use of the Public Contract Regulations and OJEU
* Experience of operating in a fast-paced and developing procurement environment
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with stakeholders, during a period of immense change across various business directorates, and maintaining focus on successful delivery
* The character and ability to work under pressure and deliver challenging targets on an enduring and sustainable basis as part of a co-located team
* Provide support to and where required cover for the Head of Procurement
* Qualified procurement specialist holding MCIPS or equivalent
* You’ll deliver easy, reliable, empathetic service to your internal and external customers, by seeking to understand fully your customers’ needs, identifying and working to remove pain points, and always doing what you say you will
Professional qualification in a relevant discipline e.g. Technical or Commercial
Please apply ASAP as shortlisting is taking place week begining 16th September.