£44,625.00 • Fixed Term •
We are currently recruiting for an excellent 12month FTC paying £44,656.00 per annum as a Rent Transaction Manager for our client, an award winning Housing Association based in NW London.
Responsible for ensuring service delivery for all aspects of rents accounting. Leading on the rents accounting function for our client, whilst setting the rent re-lets.
Maintain a broad overview of business challenges and adopts strategies to drive the business forward to achieve long-term goals. Taking an active role in rents related projects and contribute towards achievement of their objectives.
- To support the Rent Setting Project Analyst during the rent setting process for fair, affordable, assured tenancies and re-lets.
- Ensure coding and administrative structures on both housing (currently Northgate) and finance (currently SUN) meet business needs in relation to controlling and reporting rents activity. Develop and maintain simple coding structure that enables transparency, accuracy, good customer service and good management reporting. Provide staff training.
- Ensure that regular weekly rent interfaces are completed on time, whilst maintaining the integrity of the rent systems to ensure that rent accounting data is completed on time.
- Ensure that the rent arrears control accounts are reconciled to Northgate on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that both rent bank and rent cash clearance reconciliations are completed in a consistent format and an agreed frequency, in accordance with statutory requirements and financial regulations.
- Ensure improvements in rent cash allocation on Northgate; and contribute towards improvements in rents arrears recovery. Undertake a detailed review of rent cash clearance accounts.
- Ensure that rent related balance sheet reconciliations are produced to a consistent format and an agreed frequency and timetable, including explanations and impact of any movements. Provide management review and authorise them.
- Ensure that all sundry debtor invoices are produced and sent out on a timely basis and reports communicated on a monthly basis.
- Establish the External Auditors’ requirements and ensure that the year-end audit pack and accounts working schedules are provided on time and in required format.
10. Review reports requested by auditors and ensure that they are provided in accordance with agreed timetable and quality standards. Act on the audit recommendations and action points. Build good constructive working relationship with the auditors.
11. Responsibility to respond promptly and professionally to queries raised by any external and internal parties, including Finance and housing teams.
12. Highlight and recommend activities where information being reported as deficient and implement solutions.
13. Proactively participate in staff engagement activities e.g. roadshows, staff conferences, café consultations/people engagement group sessions and managers’ events.
If this is of interest, please apply ASAP.
We look forward to hearing from you