£32,793.00 Per Annum • Permanent •
Our Client is one of the UK’s leading housing associations – a member of the G15 group, with over 31,000 homes in London and the South East. Our Client is trying to make a purposeful difference, providing housing solutions and opportunities for those who can’t afford a home without our help. They offer a wide range of homes, for rent, part ownership or purchase. They also work hard to be a great employer, to deliver outstanding customer service and to be a high-performance business.
We have a great opportunity to join this housing association as a Service Charge Officer.
About The Role:
One of our core priorities across all parts of the business is delivering an excellent experience every time to every customer, internal and external. Our service style is being easy, reliable and empathetic – which you will make a central part of your role.
In particular, you will:
* Take responsibility for an area/patch on rent and service charges for tenants and/or home owners. To understand new schemes and to assist with the preparation of new scheme estimates, review of new schemes, annual estimates, auditing, and summaries of expenditure and reserve funds.
* Analyse expenditure in line with policies and forecast future expenditure. Identify and record expenditure that cannot be recovered through service failure.
* Provide sound information to operational staff with regards to rent and service charge calculations. Contribute to tenancy and lease terms.
* Give advice on rent and service charge enquiries to staff including provision of a detailed analysis of variations. Give evidence if required in any proceedings.
* Receive and progress pre-sale enquiries and ensure that these are serviced and that fees are collected.
* Cross work with colleagues on rents and service charges.
* You’ll deliver easy, reliable, empathetic service to your internal and external customers, by seeking to understand fully your customers’ needs, identifying and working to remove pain points, and always doing what you say you will
* Professional qualification e.g. CIH or IRPM, or willing to achieve membership within an agreed time.
* Detailed knowledge of accounting processes relating to service charges.
* High level of literacy, communication and numeracy skills using IT systems.
* Ability to work collaboratively within a larger section/department across service areas.
* Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment and to respond to changing customer needs.
* Ability to carry out functions in a cost effective, sensitive, compliant, responsive and transparent way.
* Personable, pro-active, professional and able to demonstrate full commitment to exceptional customer care and service in all activities.