£63,492.00 Per Annum • Contract •
Our Client is a not-for-profit resident-led housing association based in south London. They own and manage more than 6,000 homes and they have been named in the top 10 of the UK’s best landlords five times running by 24housing magazine. They are proud to be a member of Place Shapers, a national alliance of more than 100 community-focused housing associations.
We have a great opportunity to join this housing association as a Strategic Asset Manager
What is the purpose of my job?
* Provide strategic thinking and leadership for a holistic approach to asset management in line with residents’ expectation and the parameters of the organisation’s business plan.
* Understand the current organisational situation, identify future needs and create solutions to help meet those needs in relation to asset maintenance, works programming, resident expectations, and financial viability.
* Provide strategic direction and delivery of an outstanding active asset management service across the organisations property asset base, maximising efficiencies through planning and cost-effective delivery of planned and cyclical works programmes.
* Develop a strong performance culture and commitment to delivering quality services to key stakeholders within the team.
* Have an excellent understanding of the way the organisation works and the sector it operates in, and help the organisation to develop its functions and services to meet goals with internal and external stakeholders.
* Create logical and innovative solutions to complex problems. Take account of national and local agendas, innovation from others including examples of good practice and benchmarking in developing options and
* making recommendations. Use data modelling practices to analyse findings and create suggestions for
* strategic and operational improvements and changes. Consider the opportunities and potential risks attached to recommendations made.
* Establish and Chair the Asset Management Working Group (AMWG). Drive the AMWG to provide creative and innovative solutions to ensure the ongoing evolution of the organisation.
* Create, seek approval for, and refresh an ongoing suite of robust and relevant Strategic Asset Management
* Policies and Procedures to provide the necessary assurance to the Board and Auditors.
* Manage the Asset Management Database and ensure that the maintenance of stock condition data is in line with the Regulator’s requirements. Ensure the data is validated, refined and updated on an ongoing basis through establishing and managing the survey programme and accurately maintaining data on the asset management system to ensure development of long term investment plans.
* Liaise with Senior colleagues across the organisation taking responsibility for the development and ongoing evolution of a 5-to-10 year detailed investment programme to support efficient and effective delivery of works.
* Maintain an understanding of local market, the long term performance of the overall portfolio and the investment of each individual property to meet OUR CLIENT objectivesin order to unlock potential, build capacity and release resources.
* Ensure that decisions and recommendations related to asset management are considered within a robust risk assessment framework and recorded as appropriate within the organisations risk management framework.
* Ensure that through the delivery of investment programmes and ongoing maintenance all assets meet the
* Decent Homes Standard and legislative requirements.
* Exploit the use and evolution of IT solutions to maximise efficient delivery of the strategic programme,
* contract management and front line data collection.
* Responsible for the recruitment, development and performance of the Asset Management Team in line with the Group’s HR policies.
* Be familiar with and act at all times in compliance with Our Client’s values, policies, procedures, standing orders and financial regulations.
* Carry out other duties within the scope and spirit of the job, and in accordance with the level of the post, as required.