£25.00 Per Hour • Temporary •
** Full Time – Repairs Supervisor – £25.00 per hour – NW London **
Our Client is a local authority trading company, owned by the Council. They are the parent company to a housing association, a social landlord which manages 15,000 council homes, and social care organisation providing services to people with learning and physical disabilities. They welcome new business and can provide services on behalf of other organisations.
We have a lovely opportunity to join this team as a Supervisor.
To work on ensuring that all works passed to one particular contractor is being carried out to the appropriate specification. To ensure that quality standards are met at all times and that the contractor is delivering on their promises. The role will focus on working with the contractor to make sure that works are progressing in accordance to contract timescales and operational ‘Works in Progress’ are kept to an acceptable level. The candidate will be responsible for carrying out post inspections and passing completed, signed off works, back to the relevant team to process payments and system completions. The role may also participate in planned work, ensuring that they are completed in line with the specifications.
* Extensive knowledge of the repairs industry within social housing
* Building background with a suitable qualification or demonstrated experience
* Communication skills that will enable consistent and quality communication between staff, contractors and potentially residents
* Strong organisational skills to ensure that appointments are met, orders are raised, and work is scheduled efficiently.
* IT knowledge and experience, with demonstrated background in raising orders, checking repair order histories and basic skills in Microsoft packages
* Ideally good knowledge of communal works, including health and safety concerns, communal FRA matters, and overall responsibilities of the landlord.