£29,685.00 Per Annum • Permanent •
Hi All, I’m currently recruiting for this position. Please click on the job title below to view the Job Description and apply to it!
Our Clients gives people the key to all the possibilities that come with a good home. They build, sell, rent and manage quality homes in thriving communities. They are an award-winning housing association with over 40 years’ experience of providing affordable homes. Our Client owns and manages over 20,000 homes across London, Hertfordshire and the South East and have an annual turnover of over £230 million.
We have a brilliant opportunity as a Trainee Mechanical & Electrical Contracts Officer
Role Purpose: To assist the Compliance & Planned Works team to manage M&E term contracts delivering servicing, maintenance and installation including Electrical, Fire safety, Asbestos, Lifts, Rooftop Safety, Drainage, Pumping Equipment etc.
To assist the Compliance & Planned Works Team to undertake planned improvement projects and installations including both domestic and communal electric & gas heating, lift refurbishment, controlled entry, CCTV, communications equipment, extraction & ventilation equipment, fire fighting equipment, lighting conductors, renewable technology, electric barrier & gates etc.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Assist in the management and development of the processes relating to Landlords Statutory Compliance areas including Electrical Services, Passenger and Domestic Lifting Equipment, Fire Risk Assessments & Passive Fire Protection, Asbestos Surveying and Removal, Gas Safety, Water Hygiene and their outcomes, ensuring all statutory obligations are met. Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety and all building and property related legislation with particular reference to these areas.
2. To work within a team to ensure comprehensive asset information is maintained on the type and condition of the housing stock, buildings and land (including corporate, care homes, community centres, etc.) and their mechanical engineering assets.
3. Assist in monitoring contractor performance and compiling performance reports against specifications and KPI’s
4. To assist the Compliance & Planned Works team to manage M&E term contracts delivering servicing, maintenance and installation including Electrical, Fire safety, Asbestos, Lifts, Rooftop Safety, Drainage, Pumping Equipment etc.
5. To assist the Compliance & Planned Works Team to undertake planned improvement projects and installations including both domestic and communal electric & gas heating, lift refurbishment, controlled entry, CCTV, communications equipment, extraction & ventilation equipment, fire fighting equipment, lighting conductors, renewable technology, electric barrier & gates etc.
6. To assist contract managers in managing service delivery of contracts by appointed contractors and supply chain sub-contractors working across the Compliance and Planned Works Team. To assist with the operational level contract management, managing and intervening on performance, charges, service failures, service improvement and communication and to build and maintain relationships with all connected to the services.
7. To assist contract managers to ensure that all statutory requirements, legislation, codes of practice and guidance are understood and met by our contractors
8. Assist in management of the implementation, development and on-going maintenance and use of suitable IT systems/databases to support the functions of the team.
9. To assist in providing timely, informative and accurate information, support and advice to the Managers and Directors within the Compliance & Planned Works team and Asset Management Team.
10. Assist the Compliance and Planned Works team to continually evolve and innovate our service to ensure our first class Asset Management service is maintained.
11. Embrace, champion, role-model and uphold the culture, values and behaviours that drive the achievement of the organisation’s ambitions and goals.
A (preferably technical) degree level qualification.
Knowledge and Skills required
– Knowledge of Legislation and Regulations relating to building services (preferred)
– Knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical systems & equipment (preferred)
– Knowledge of Buildings and their internal and external components. (preferred)
– Knowledge of H&S legislation and statutory requirements. (preferred)
– Service improvement planning and problem solving skills.
– Negotiating and influencing Skills with the ability to deal with stakeholders and partners.
– Ability to produce reports, analyse data and present findings.
– Ability to meet deadlines and plan and deliver a range of different activities.
– Ability to validate information and demonstrate attention to detail.
– Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to adapt this approach for different audiences.
– Excellent written communication skills sufficient to write straightforward reports, letters and emails.
– Excellent customer focus and a genuine desire to achieve excellence in all areas of responsibility
– Competent on core Microsoft Office packages.
– Experience of working within a building services environment.
– Experience of writing detailed reports.
– Experience of using a wide variety of IT systems