£34,069.00 Per Annum • Temporary •
We have an urgent requirement for a Scheme Manager (Sheltered Housing) to join a large Housing Association based in North West London. This is a temporary opportunity paying the hourly equivalent of £34,069 per annum based on 35 hours per week.
Interviews will be taking place on Friday 2nd February so we welcome applications as soon as possible.
The role requires the candidate to have an enhanced DBS. If you do not have one currently and are placed, please note we will need to apply for one urgently upon appointment.
Location: Based on site at one or more schemes based in North London – access to a car is essential to travel between the schemes
Purpose: Deliver a high-quality intensive housing management service to meet the needs and aspirations of our diverse resident group and create an attractive, safe, and welcoming environment for residents, visitors, and professionals.
1. Be accountable for Health & Safety and Fire safety activities including comprehensive and clearly auditable records.
2. Fully utilise the Customer Relations Management system, including raising repairs, liaise with colleagues, including in relation to planned works, consultation, and coordination.
3. Complete viewings, assessments, and tenancy sign ups and induction meetings to ensure residents understand the tenancy agreement, service specification and property facilities, and comply with legislative requirements around Identity and Right to Rent checks
4. Effectively manage the termination of tenancies and associated liaison with the Voids team and contractors
5. Managing tenancies, ASB and disputes and liaise with on-site contactors.
6. Financial management for scheme/s including management of the Pre-Payment card, Guest Room bookings and payments, collection of TV licence fees, responsible for accurate record keeping, receipting, and banking, and liaising with Finance colleagues.
7. Accountable for appropriate and effective Safeguarding actions in line with legislation and procedure
8. Build collaborative relations with internal departments and related external organisation.
9. Lead on resident, engagement, and consultation, meet resident’s aspirations for social and wellbeing activities, proactively engaging with care, statutory and voluntary agencies to this end using interpersonal skills to ensure the service is accessible to all.
* Good general education, good written and numerical skills (E)
* IOSSH Accreditation (D)
Knowledge and Skills Required
* Good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written (E)
* Strong Administration / organisation skills (E)
* Customer service focus and ability to use initiative and solution orientated (E)
* killed in time management (D)
* Skilled in managing competing priorities (D)
* Ability to apply confidentiality (E)
* High standard of IT skills – able to use Word, Excel and good electronic record keeping and file maintenance skills (E)
* Awareness of the needs of older people, and knowledge of statutory and voluntary services available including DWP and Adult Social Care Services (D)
* Promoting independence and continual service improvement within a sheltered housing setting (D)
* Working effectively with care agencies, health providers and other interested parties regarding the housing and support needs of residents (D)
* Delivering appropriate support, either directly or via referral or signposting to specialist providers in line with the appropriate grant funding regime (E)
* Proactively building and maintaining relationships with voluntary and statutory agencies to develop a programme of health and well being activities to minimise isolation, create a sense of community and foster self determination (D)
* Work with external groups/agencies to ensure that scheme facilities are available to older people in the wider community (D)
* A flexible approach is needed to meet business needs with occasional weekend or evening working, when this is required
* The post holder must be prepared to travel between schemes as directed
* The post holder will be required to plan and host regular engaging scheme meetings including administration and delivery of effective accurate notes