£23,446.00 • Permanent •
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an experience Handyman to work for our client, a leading London based Housing Association in North and West London.
This is a great permanent opportunity paying circa 23k per annum, please see below responsibilities and if this is of interest please apply with your updated CV as soon as possible;
- Provide a responsive repairs service for day to day repairs, dealing with small, general items of repair and maintenance in the interior and exterior of the building; e.g. putting up shelves, changing light bulbs, moving furniture, cleaning lamp shades, cleaning windows.
- Carry out routine checks, repairs and maintenance of household equipment, and the exterior of the building.
- Ensure the maintenance service is delivered in response to the diverse needs of residents and customers.
- Respond to emergencies i.e. Burst pipes, fire alarms, making property secure, etc.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager with managing the cyclical maintenance programme and inform of failures or control issues.
- Manage stock control including furniture and electrical items.
- Manage utility meter readings.
- Ensure that empty properties are made ready for letting within target times.
- Ensure that repairs and damage, which are the responsibility of the outgoing tenant, are identified and the.
- Housing Officer informed. Liaise with Housing Officers regarding scheduling voids for redecoration.
- Carry out general maintenance including graffiti removal, building and site repairs, fencing, painting, floor and wall tiling, glazing including Perspex type material, low level rainwater goods repairs, cleaning footpaths, rubbish and recycling bins, etc.
- Deal with blocked sewers and drains, including unblocking sinks.
- Display a friendly, flexible, helpful and courteous attitude to colleagues, tenants and the general public.
We look forward to hearing from you.